Friday, September 2, 2011

nyakoi otgovori

I thought for today's blog I would answer some questions my aunts included in their letters to me.  For me the summer flew by!  I did get to travel some but for work.  I went to Hisar and Sliven for 3 Life Skills conferences and Tryavna for my mid-service conference.  My actual "vacation" was to Vurshets to see my host family from pst.  I traveled to help a friend with her 4th of July party in her town but that was on the way to our msc.   I am looking forward to this school year in terms of building on what we did last year here.  I will admit that I need to step it up in terms of my actual "job-job", the youth development part.  I am enjoying living here and the experience!  I see myself looking at things in a new and different light.  For instance:  I love the Colts and Pacers and don't know what I would d if they weren't in Indy anymore, but when I hear someone is holding out for more money or complaining about whatever, this goes for every athlete, I just have to sigh and think how much even a fraction of that money could make a huge difference here.   I look at how hard people work here "just because" it's necessary for survival.  No complaining...well kids will be kids no matter where you go.  To me the hardest workers here are the babas, the grandma aged women.  Seeing things from the view of another country certainly gives one a different perspective!  It is very hard for me to believe I (we) are at the 1/2 way point of our service!  When I look back on the last year and how much I (we-meaning my town) got done or how much I didn't get done I think "man, if only I could have last year back than I could get so much more accomplished!"  But what I forget is that nothing I get accomplished this year would be possible without all I accomplished last year, the connections I made and the relationships I established.  So I look forward to this year, doing different things and building on some things we did last year!  Oh yeah, there have been people extend their service for another month to a year after they close their service but it goes year to year and no one knows about our group; the B26s, yet.  Love and hugs from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment