Wednesday, July 21, 2010

for my family

rthis will be my last blog from here; the place that has been my home since May 16th.   sophie said something to me the other day about how adaptability is a great skill to have and the more i think about it the more she's right.  i went through this in the Dominican Republic too.  basically you're depending on the goodness of people, trusting they will do the best for you because you don't know what's going on.  it's weird to think that these 4 people that have become my family were total strangers to me May 15th.  May 16th that changed.  they have done my laundry, yes i've helped, fed me GREAT meals, taken me different places to see things around B, given me a place to call my home, helped me with the language, and SOOO much more.  i really can't thank them enough!!  i've tried through words, deeds, and treats here and there.  but as i've said before "blagadoria" just doesn't cut it.  we got done with our program work about lunchtime and i called to see if my host parents wanted to go out for lunch and we went to the place they always go for lunch.  it's really weird to think i probably will not be there for lunch ever again.  i might but chances aren't too great.  and these people who have taken me in, i mean the town, i may never see again.  yes it's true i will hopefully come back in the next 2 yrs. but even if i do i won't have time to see everybody i run into on a daily basis.  but as of sat i'll have a new home and a new "family."  and this same trust i had to have in my family here i am putting in my counterpart.  and even the trainees who shared this time with me.  i want to take trips and see them but if i can't i won't see them for 2 yrs.  and toni our language trainer.  she as away from her family and had 6 new family members for the last 10 wks.  we're all so different with different personalities.   i can't say thank you enough to this town and especially my B family for everything the past months!  they have become a little part of me just like everyone in the States is a part of me.  together we will go on to G!!  (that was good if I do say so myself)  I LOVE YOU ALL!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment