Friday, July 2, 2010

typical day

i'm not sure if i've given you a typical day or not yet but here it is...maybe again.  i get up at 6:30 and take a shower and get ready for bfast at 7:50.  i have a glass of tea each morning just like in the states.  at about 8:25 i leave for the training center, it's only 2 minutes from my house, and language lessons start at 8:30 or around there.  the 6 of us study from the books, we have 3, with the help of our teacher Toni.  for these 3 months with us toni is away from her family and has to travel many hours to see them.  she lives here with us with her own host lady.  i think i remember going over this before so i'm going to stop but please someone let me know if i haven't.  i went searching the archives and didn't see anything but might have missed it.  we have homework on top of homework and it's one or those things where i'm just going to have to lock myself in my room and spend a whole weekend but that never seems to be possible!  i have to buy food, tomatoes and cucumbers, for a salad for our picnic on the 4th.  i'm already a day down.  not much new here to report.  the current volunteer who goes to my future sight 1 day a week called me today and gave me some tips and things he has picked up on and it was nice to talk to him about things.  that seems so far away from right now b/c of all that has to happen btwn now and then but in reality it's 3 wks away!  I'm going to wish everyone a happy 4th and go home before it decides to rain again.  we already have had a 2 hr rainfall earlier but i'm sure it's coming again!  have a couple drinks for me this wknd wherever you spend the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment