Monday, July 5, 2010

hard to believe

itwe have so much to learn btwn now and then's hard to believe this pst time is almost over!  in 19 days, give or take a day, we will be gone from varshets and scattered all over the country. we have so much to learn btwn now and then it's overwhelming!  every other current volunteer I have talked to has made a special point to let us know that the 23rd we are in the hands of the coprs but the 24th...no more hand holding.  while it's true that they are aware of what we do and where we are and will not let anything happen to us the structured like of pst is over and it's just us.  no more waking up at 6:30 to have bfast with the fam and then go to b class.  it's up to us!  yes we'll have help from people in our new towns and counterparts and the different staff from the corps is a phone call/internet connection away but the daily schedule is up to us!  we'll have more of a structure when we become more familiar with what we will be doing for the next 2 yrs.  For most, but not all, of us that will probably start when school starts in sept.  i'm sitting here waiting for my tutoring session with the person who has been like a mother, basically, to me-our very nice and extremely helpful language trainer Toni.  oday is kinda a bla day.  my family arrived back from Turkey yesterday and got me a tshirt.  how nice!  let's see what else I can tell you of interest.  we had a 4th of July party yest with our families and that was fun.  while it took time away from learning I'm sure it was exactly what we needed!  there were some roma kids, 1 boy in particular, who was hanging around and we gave him some food and he stayed and played soccer and baseball with us.  he also showed us some of his skills on the drum...ok so it was the back of a guitar but some thing!  that was fun!  on the way home from the party I got my baba a little bracelet with "best friends" on it and wrote her a postcard for a t-you note.  i didn't have any stationary and figured she might like something, the only thing from America I have with me that's not in G, from America.  of course it was from Fl but what the hey!  she left today to go back to Pyce and I missed saying gbye.  she told me she was leaving after lunch today and I figured i'd see her at bfast this am but missed her.  when i went home for lunch she was gone and no one was home so i figured i missed her.  i think we did fine!  despite the major lang barrier we were able to understand each other!  i think that really impressed her and also that i knew some b.  this is kinda a boring entry but i can't think about anything else to write about.  if anyone of you that read my blog has any questions, little or big-even if they seem mundane, please ask me.  you can post a comment or use my email directly.   it's posted somewhere on my blog, i think, and if it's not I'm sure you know someone who will give it to you!!  thoughts go out to my family!!  WE ARE STEFFEN'S!!  HEAR US ROAR!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 5th of July meant to post something yesterday. Hope all is well with you it sounds like it is. Sorry I've been bad about writing you. Not sure anything goes when I post on here. I really don't like this I perfer email.So I'll try that too. Take care of youself. Study hard. How is your renter doing did your folks say? Pam PS I told Laurie she had to hug Mikie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa. I just wanted to point out in your blog entries you use a lot of Peace Corps language (i.e PST) and most of your readers here may not understand the special language we volunteers use. You might have to explain some of these terms once in a while. Best of luck with your remaining training time in Vershets.

    ReplyDelete