Sunday, July 25, 2010

my new home



 have seen moreim sitting here in my cluttered 1 room apt, with an inside toilet and sink all in one room, doing my first blog entry from my new home.  i should be uncluttering my room but figure i have things i have noticed and wanted to share them with you.  right now my brain is just as cluttered as my room, maybe even more so!  i've got lists for my lists!  a couple things i noticed while traveling by bus to G yest from Pyce and i thought i'd share.  i am so thankful for my Americal music!  as elton john's song I'm Still Standing came on my ipod yest and the line "...feeling like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid..." was playing i was craning my neck like a little kid does when there's something to see and he can't quite see.  i've seen it before when i traveled to G before but no mater how many times i see rolling hills like this it's always new.  just a few seconds ago i heard the sound of horse hooves on the road right outside my apt and sure enough, there was a horse pulling a little "wagon?" with about 4-5 people riding.  where is that an everyday occurance?  which leads me into another thing i couldn't help but think yest.  how lucky i am.  i truely am living things dreams and movies are made of!  imagine the end of a movie and a car is driving down a long windy road surrounded by green grass and fields on either side.  ok, so i was on a bus.  just the bus and that's it, riding off into the sunset except for it's in the middle of the day and there's no sunset yet.  THAT was me yest!  yest i was sitting in a kafe in Pyce drinking coffee, you heard right, with 2 B friends who were total strangers 2.5 months ago.  this really is a dream and am so incrediably grateful i'm living it!  something else that has been on my mind since i've been here and just haven't shared yet is that in the U.S. 3/4, and maybe more hold the...probably more, of these people would be living in poverty.  but that's not an issue here, just a way of life.  ihave seen more good ideas for how to use old tires over here that i could have ever thought of! there is no attitude of feel sorry for me or i can't because i don't have money.  necessity really is the mother of invention!  while I'm on the subject of poverty, being over here and seeing the kindergarten in the Roma community who can't afford slippers for their kids to wear at school or the tires on top of roofs to hold them in place or the kids that have so much fun riding down the middle of theam looking forward to the next 2 yrs  street on a bicycle, it's been a long while since i've seen someone have so much fun on a bicycle, really does put things in perspective.  1/1000th of Lebron's salary could feed an entire Roma community for a LONG time.  and the same could be said for reggie wayne, i don't want you to think i'm just picking on lebron.  and all the kids i hear argue about not having the right color marker or the shirt they don't want to wear, or my personal favorite the wrong kind of underwear (in he States)?   OH MY GOSH!!  anyway i guess that's about it for my ranting.  i really am incrediable lucky to be living this life and experiencing all that i am. i'm looking forward to the next 2 yrs and am now going to go take a shower in a bathroom with a drain right in the floor and nothing to keep the water from going everywhere.  after that i'm going to try to make sense of this cluttered 1 room apt!  Love!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa:
    So good to see your in your new place trying to make sense of your clutter. Fever girls won again. YEAH!!!! They've been doing really good. Especially since all-stars. Miss you. I haven't worked that much in July. Two nights there were concerts with Nicole. Last week I was sick with sinus infection and ear pressure. So it was two wks Thurs since I've worked. I'm suppose to wk Tues but will depend on how wiped out I am after my little procedure tomorrow. My colonoscopy. Lucky me. My Dr. just gave me all kinds of test this month for my Birthday. LOL He told me he had to take good care of one of his favorite pts. My pap,mammo,bone density,ekg,labs and now my last test tomorrow. Yeah for me.

    Keep taking care of your self. We miss you and everyone always wants to know if we've heard from you. I keep thinking I'll run by your place and see if that guy is taking care of it. I keep forgetting. Since they've been working on 38th St. I never get off of 65 onto 38th I just go on down to Laf Rd and forget about it. Sorry!!!! I'll try to do it soon. Just a surprise drive by. LOL

    Take care. Pam /queenbee

    ReplyDelete