Tuesday, July 27, 2010

making friends

so Nargis showed up at my door tonight while I had potatos on my hotplate and said "you are cooking?"  she reminded me of my mom or any of my friends at the Fieldhouse who never see me do anything but open a frozen dinner and stick it in the microwave!  i went out and got more things to make my house mine.  I got some big mugs for my tea in the morning now all i have to do is remember to get tea!  as we speak i'm listening to the Call to Prayer over the loudspeaker coming from the Mosque a few houses away.  i just realized what time it is and have to get up early to go to Pyce tom to start my lichna karta process.   i am going to meet up with Dani and Krisi tom since they're still in Pyce and that will be nice.  I've met several people in my town but don't remember anyone's name.  the ladies that live next to me are cute little Turkish baba's and I can't wait to go ha ghosti, visiting, with them!  this am when N and I were leaving we ran into a neighbor and N was telling her about me and she asked N to ask me to speak to her in Bulg so her Bulg can get better.  me help someone with their Bulgarian??  English ok but BULGARIAN??  I'm intermediate low!  when i say my certificate from the pc and it said i was intermediate low, the level we have to be at to move on, i kept telling everybody i have never been so happy to be below average in my life!!  i know below average isn't a good way to look at it but it just sounds funny.  i'll try to write more tom!  I'm becoming more and more comfortable in my new apt. and with some decorations thanks to Maya and Charlotte i'll feel even more at home!!  do utre!  lisa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa. You might have to explain to your blog readers what you mean by "lichna karta".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sending all the pics of your new home. It looks very nice and comfortable. Will you be living by yourself?
    We're getting ready for the next two weeks of traveling with your Mom and Ron. We always have so much fun when we're with them. We always spend our extra time playing "golf" or dominoes for some goofy games. And we're never short on laughter and good conversation.
    We hope the next few weeks go well for you and the adjustments to life in a new city go smoothly. You'll make new friends quickly, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete