Friday, July 30, 2010

moving forward "malko po malko"!

i think i met a baba in my building who speaks B!  maybe.  this am we, Nargis, Gospodin Yakob, and myself, found a B. tutor to continue my studies.  1 hr mon, wed, and fri.  that's a far cry from the 4 hours a day in Varshetts.  i did start speaking to Nargis mostly in B though so that will help lots!  it's nice to know though that I can fall back on English if something important needs to be decided and understanding is paramount!  i'm learning, or at least writing down, new words each day.  this am with G.Y. we were making a schedule for the next weeks because he's going on vacation and i have to say i felt kinda uncomfortable planning for more than next week!   i have yet to prepare my mind and papers as i have my apt!  although Nargis assured me if i run across something i need to do we can make changes in the schedule.   right now as i'm writing on my blog there are people outside on the main street acting like irl drivers.  they're going to kill someone someday!  i think i'm going to continue doing my blog over the noon hour since everything closes down anyway.  stores here close at about 12:30-1 and don't open again until about 3 or 4.  lunch break!  i can really see feeling like i'm not "doing" anything because after 12/1 everything is done!  of course i'm not done.  that's when i need to go na-ghosti and just go sit and drink tea, middle of the day probably kola, and figure out what i'm doing here!  lots to do! oh yeah!  the day before I left V i had lunch with a friend, the volunteer i met in the indy airport before coming to B, and she asked me if I liked to run.  long story short she told me there's a marathon in Turkey next Oct and had lots to see on the route and also would be an excuse for us to see each other.  she told me the deadline for registration isn't until next july so i have plenty of time to train!  can you believe that!  i don't know if this is stupid but i'm actually thinking about it.   don't run in indy but come over to B and run a marathon!  we'll see!  have a great weekend!  it's going to be pretty hot this next several days!  33% C. which is in the 90%'s F.  remember when it rained everyday when i was in V?  i don't think it has rained since i've been here!  maybe a little but certainly not a downpour like was normal in V.

No comments:

Post a Comment