Monday, July 19, 2010

the week to end all weeks!

this is it guys!  i mean not for the blog but for the knowledge to seep into my head!  today was a little different and i liked it a little better...but unfortunately toni had to keep repeating the same lesson over and over again 6 times!  we all kinda voted to have an hour individual lesson with toni today instead of meeting as a group for 4 hours and then go upstairs in the school to study individually.  that was kinda nice and i got lots of individual practice in.  time here is growing short and i haven't really had much time to reflect on that i've been so busy with other things; namely survival!  my sister said something that got me thinking (she's a great person for me to get advice from) the other day that may be a weakness of mine starting out in G.  i get in my routines, those of yo who know me better know that i go home after work and plop down in front of the tv(in America) with my salad, watch my show and then go to bed and do it all over again the next day; i'm a creature of habit!, and stay there!  that's gonna be hard if i want any friends or a baba in G. to go na ghosti(visit) with during the cold winter months!  I'M IN BULGARIA FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!    just like here I'm gonna have to MAKE myself!  only here is is a little easier, i have other Americans to do that with, to help me out.  there?  well i'll have my counterpart but she's got her own family.  this is my chance to reinvent myself!  no one there has seen me drink rakea so now i have the opportunity to not drink it if i want and i happen to think i'd like to start that.  no one knows i am a creature of habit and leaving my house after i'm home from work is hard and i usually don't do it.  i keep thinking about how attitude is everything in life and very little what happens to you.  for my younger readers you would think a 39 yr old would know that by now but i still forget that and get caught up in things that don't really have an outcome my the situation at that time.  just like that little tank engine, not thomas:), if you think you can, you can!  attitude is everything!  i'm really not sure why i started in on all that but it's good to hear regardless!  it's supposed to be in the 90's , i think.33 degrees C, all week which means it will be a scorcher on fri when we're in vratsa for swearing in!  i was going to wear a black dress but thought better of that and decided to go with one of the 2 skorts i brought along.  as i'm sitting here it's starting to rain and we need it!  at least i think it's rain.  i can't really see any evidence from where i m sitting and we get some mighty strong wind gusts here!  it is so funny!  all of a sudden and literally out of nowhere the wind kicks up and almost knocks you over!  well i think i'm going to close.  sorry this has been rambly.  i'm going to try to get a few more entries in but thurs we are in vratsa all day and fri is swearing in.  i'm coming back here fri pm but don't plan on a blog since i'll be leaving sat am!  thank you all for the positive energy!  love!

No comments:

Post a Comment