Tuesday, July 20, 2010

some thoughts

well i had my oral speaking test this am and i happen to think it didn't go very well but as toni pointed out it was just an exercise in speaking the language and to give us an idea where we are.  the tester i had visited us last week and helped us prepare so a lot of things i was prepared for and had gone over and over in my head and with my family and the other vol's she didn't ask me.  i think that was part of it maybe, to see how we think on our feet.  oh well it's over with and now i can concentrate on not getting sick!  my sister was sick yesterday and now dani is sick.  oopa!  that may be part of the reason i'm not at home right now!  i did go out and get some 7up for her.  i remember whenever i had stomach troubles mom would make me drink 7up to help my stomach.  i have been slowly trying to pack some things so I don't have lots to do last minute.  this am after our lang tests our testers left in the pc van and we emptied our classroom so that could be taken back to vratsa.  that was kinda weird to see.  our life for the past 2 months being packed up; just another sign we are leaving.  i'm sitting here fresh out of things to say.  it's overcast right now and it needs to rain, it hasn't very much for a couple days. kinda an interesting feeling sitting here knowing there's no more language to do.  i mean there's always language to do but in terms of homework nothing is pressing.  last night i checked on my buses and think i've got it.  it's not going to be possible for me to travel with the other trainee whose site is close to mine because she is closer than i am and is starting from a different point than i am.  i'll talk to you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa. Thanks for sharing the news with us. Enjoy your swearing-in ceremony as a new Peace Corps volunteer. FYI, I have a new netbook computer and now can talk with you on Skype. Let me know when you can some day. OK, take care then! Bye.

    ReplyDelete