Friday, April 8, 2011

heeheehee!

This blog is for my mom who mentioned I should blog about this subject.  Now I'm not a comedian by any means but sometimes I can be kinda funny, or at least I think so.  I learned pretty fast when I got here what I think is funny and what B's think is funny are 2 very different things.  I just quit trying after awhile.  Even the people who have a nice grasp of the Eng lang. don't snicker even a little after I've said something I thought (at least) deserved a chuckle.  Same goes for their jokes or at least the ones I've heard so far.  Even after they have been explained to me in Eng. I usually don't think they are funny.  There is a humor capital in B and it is the city of Gabrovo.  If I remember right it's because lots of humor books came from there but I can't be positive on that.  The B. word for a joke is "shega."  My counterpart is getting better at putting up with my (sometimes) lame attempts at humor.  She did get me good for April Fools Day!  I was leaving for my trip to Pyce and had looked for a bus the previous day and saw there was one at 9:30.  Neither of us had anything to write the times down on so we would have to remember and since it looked like 9:30 was a good time didn't seem like it would be that hard to remember.  So it's Friday morning and we are having coffee, yes coffee, and she says to me "I called the bus station (just in case we had forgotten the times) and there is no bus at 9:30 anymore.  Now it's at 10."  Well I was pretty sure I had remembered correctly 9:30 and so reacted in surprise and said "I could've sworn....."  and that's when she said "happy April Fools !"  Different strokkes for different folks!  Oh!!!  I was going to mention this and am so glad I remembered!  My blog about the weight thing and how everyone has to step on the scale when they go to others' houses and all.  The explaination I was given for this was that it's a recent thing for people to have scales in their homes and it used to be in bigger cities peoople would sit out on the streets and charge people to stand on their scale.  As I was walking around Pyce the other day I saw a man sitting by the street with a scale in front of him charging 20 stotinkas for people who wanted to weigh themselves.  Go figure!   I think that's it for today!  Love  and hugs and let's get something worked out so the Govt doesn't have to shut down.

No comments:

Post a Comment