Thursday, April 21, 2011

Valek Den

So I just came from the kindergarten where my 5 year old class was painting hard boiled eggs for "Valek Den", or Easter, on Sunday.  Having been told this earlier, I switched my plans to continue with the alphabet knowing it would probably be a crazy day.  We talked a little about Earth Day tomorrow and then played a game with a ball passed around, music, and when the music stopped the person with the ball had to think of some way to help take care of the Earth.   It worked in one of the classes and didn't go as planned in the other but, hey, that's the way it goes I guess!  I am going on a picnic with some students from the 8th grade tomorrow and just happened to think "hmmm, I have some big plastic bags left from April 9th (the day designated as "The Day to Clean Bulgaria").  I'll just take them along tomorrow."  Not exactly sure where we're going, somewhere in the woods, but it should be fun!   I had a last minute idea, a lot of my ideas turn out that way, for a bulletin board posting for Earth Day at the English School.  It was pretty cool if I do say so myself.  Because it was last minute, our students left for their homes at 12:30 today and there is no school tomorrow, I was working frantically in the staff room trying to get it done so the students could see it for a few short hours before they left.  So to all my blog readers, don't forget Earth Day tomorrow!!  We all have to do our part to make this planet livable for generations to come!  Happy Easter everyone if you celebrate.  If not, have a great weekend.  Love and hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment