Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Break #2

I just noticed something today, yesterday now,  that I hadn't before but is worth pointing out.  They drive on the same side of the road as we do in America.  I was headed to pay my phone bill, or so I thought, with a coworker who was going that direction and noticed that after being here almost a year.  I guess since I can't drive I don't pay much attention.  Well my Spring Break mini-vacation was super fun and relaxing; just what the doctor ordered!  Some other volunteers and I went to explore Pyce.  I found a laminator and wanted to get one and bought one over break.  I was SO EXCITED!!  Now the flashcards that all my kids worked so hard on can last even longer!  We went shopping in a thrift store and one of the volunteers, thanks Ben:), "highly encouraged" I try on these mis-matched, gaudy jacket and pants.  It was pretty funny!  I'll post pictures but I'm not with my camera right now.  I don't think I'll quit my day job; I don't think I'd make it as a model.  That wasn't very nice of me to tempt you all like that was it!?  At night the 5 of us sat downstairs in the kitchen, drank some wine, played some games, and solved the world's problems.  Not really but we did chat quite a bit!  It was my kind of vacation!  We didn't really have a schedule so just did whatever.  My friend Jez was all excited, like me, because she bought a popcorn popper.  A bigger mall opened up in Pyce, I swear the corps sent me to Bulgaria:), and we went to check that out one day.  It was a hike and we were tired when we got back to our hostel, my legs definitely let me know, but WE WERE IN HEAVEN...or very excited.  I FOUND DR. PEPPER!!  For those of you who know me that is my drink-the diet form anyway.  I bought 6 cans!  I ended up spending 9 leva but it was SO worth it.  They didn't have any diet but that doesn't matter when I have been away from it in any form for this long!  well it's time for dinner and my battery is wearing down.  Love and hugs!!

1 comment: