Thursday, January 27, 2011

my wow moment

Once again nothing as far as differences to write about but I am going to share a good day with you all.  Since it is the end of one semester at school all the teachers are very busy and rushing to get grades in and so on.  Yesterday I went to 2 classes with my counterpart for "fun."  If you read yesterdays blog you realize the fun was learning too.  In one ofthe classes we made a "human knot."   I think most of you know to "solve" this requires lots of teamwork and communication.  I really wasn't sure how it would go as far as the teamwork part is concerned.  I guess I'm saying I wasn't sure how much of a team they were going to be.  I was plesantly suprised!  It went very well and the students wanted to do it over and over again.  We "solved" our "human knot!"  So toeay when one of the teachers asked me to fill in for her while she finished up her work I said "sure" while thinking "ok, what am I going to do in this class?"  I gave them a couple choices and they chose the human knot.  (i'm assuming everyone knows this is where you make a big circle and hold someone's hand across from you and then do the same with the other hand.  The object is of course to untie the knot without unclasping hands).  Again I wasn't sure how much teamwork there would be... and again I was plesantly surprised!!  We must've played 5 times!  Then after the class was over they played again...ON THEIR OWN...WITH OTHER STUDENTS!  I just stood and watched them go and it was so fun!!!  Allow me to indulge myself...I'M AN AUNT FOR THE THIRD TIME!!!  So on to another class.  I totally had something else in mind but grabbed UNO as as afterthought just in case.  The class saw it and wanted to play.  We played UNO the whole class period, using English is always the plan but usually only 1/2 works, and ended up playing about 3-4 games.  When class was over one of the seniors, it was a 12th grade classs, told me "that game is better then poker!"  Let's just say never in my dreams would I think anyone would tell me that UNO beats poker!!  I so love that they think that and get a kick out of these games!  I have to get a move on and find some more!  I do have to say that the corps gave us an awesome cd with resources on it before I came here and that has helped a bunch with ideas.  So anyway that was my day and now I'm going to share my news with my friends here if you'll excuse me.  Love and hugs and welcome Wyatt!  Glad you're here!  I'll see you in "real person" in about 2 yrs!  Your aunt Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment