Thursday, August 26, 2010

magazines

magazines are little shops and i know i've mentioned them before and probably didn't explain them well.  when i need anything instead of going to the store as i would in the states i go to one of the various magazines here in G.  and they are kinda a very small supertarget.  a person can find anything they need from laundry detergent to eggs to utensils.  and pretty much every magazine here has little bits of everything.  and just like i can walk into target and drop $50 just like that today i was in kubrat with nargis and we went into this store for cheese and i ended up spending 10 leva.  but...I GOT BROCCOLI!  then after we came back to G i headed to the post office to post some letters for tom and ended up talking with the post office Naze and her daughter-in-law, ok i cheated a bit b/c her d-i-l speaks english so she translated some things i wasn't able to get across in B.  they had never heard of the pc asked me questions about it, why i'm doing it and what i get.  i tried to explain i don't get anything but all the food and generousity from the B people.  i like talking about that b/c that's what is important to me.  when i was talking about cy class in V before during pst i told them i had 20= hrs/week and now i only have 3.  they asked me why and i explained about everything i will be doing come mid sept.  one of the things i mentioned is that i will have an english class.  Naze assured me she would come to my class.  now all i have to do is have a class!!  yeah.  then after i left the p.o. i went to have coffee, yes coffee, with my neighbors and noticed they had a big pile of tree midsections, ok more than the stump but w/o branches, sitting right in the "driveway" and asked about it.  deana said "why?  do you want to help?"  i think they're used to me asking to help b/c i want to help with everything.  it wouldn't surrise me if i'm chopping wood tom!  deana said she would take a picture of me chopping wood and send it to my mom and my mom would cry.  why she thought she would cry is beyond me but i said "no.  shat would happen is that she'd know i know how and when i return to the states in 2 yrs she will want me to chop wood.  they thought that was so funny!  and yes, there wil be pictures if i end up chopping wood.  that's it from here!  have a great day and if i forget tom GO FEVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment