Monday, August 2, 2010

market day!

today was my first opportunity to experience market day in G. and it was quite something!   all kinds of vegetables andI saw on the webpage where the fever lost last night ha fruit under the sun!  other items as well.  every monday from, not really sure when it starts, until about 1:30.  I got some zucchini, potatoes, cucumbers, peaches, bananas, and carrots!  I haven't seen carrots since I left the states!  well here and there in soups and on salads sometimes but not like this am!  now I need to go get a carrot peeler!  after that I had my first B language lesson since leaving Varshetts.  it was ok and I have lots of work to do!  a funny story.  last night I was sitting in front of the tv eating a late dinner when all of a sudden I felt something flu into my shorts and thought it was a mosquito so I swatted my upper leg.  next thing I know my leg is hurting like the dickens and when I looked there was something sticking out of my skin!  Hindsight being what it is I realize the times I tried to grab to stinger, I still didn't know exactly what stung me, I probably squeezed more venom into my skin.  after awhile I started scraping at it but I think it was too late.  still didn't know what it was so I text N thinking maybe it was a Bulgarian bug I didn't know and maybe something more serious would happen to me.  right before whe got to my door I saw it crawling around on my rug.  my leg still killed and was beginning to swell.  finally i found some ointment in my huge medical kit and it started feeling better.  i have been stung 2 times the last 2.5 months and can't remember being stung a second time in probably the last 5 yrs in the states!  some excitement last night!  oh yeah!  this am while walking to the market a hay bailer drove past.  how funny!  I'll work on taking some pictures of G this afternoon!  I read on the website where the fever lost yest.  are they starting to act like the Pacers???

No comments:

Post a Comment