Thursday, August 5, 2010

wait 5 minutes




of course when i want to find a mosquito i can't find one alive!

nargis told me my bites may not be fleas after all!


so i have to tell you about my big day today.  after declaring war on fleas i got about 3 hrs sleep last night because every time i got close i heard the buzz of a mosquito.  since i was at war, and tired, i was very mad and so got up several times during the night to use my flyswatter which looks a little worse for the ware.  so combined with the flea thoughts, of not wanting them and thinking they are everywhere, and the party outside, although that didn't bother me so much, i got about 3 hrs of sleep.  but i've got an hr ong bus ride to Pyce right?  that's what i thought and was so looking forward to the time to sleep; we left at 7 so i could still sleep easily...or so i thought.  nargis and i paid the driver for our ticket and were both getting ready to get some much needed rest when the driver decides it's late enough and he wants some music. english and loud.  now don't get me wrong i need to hear american music...but not at 7 am and not when all i want to do is sleep and definitely not loud!  ok so sleep is not an option.  we get to pyce and applied for my lichna carta, which went well and i will have to go back to pyce the day before my sisters bday to get it,did some shopping and headed back "home."  while again trying to sleep the ride seemed to go much faster and neither one of us got more than 30 minutes sleep and not good sleep at that.  we pull into G and wonder aloud if we will get any sleep tonight and then we see it...people with instruments and amps setting up in the city center right in front of our bldg.  there's a wedding today which means, in addition to people starting their lives together and all, ANOTHER LATE, NOISY NIGHT!  so i head up to my apt thinking of trying to get a nap in.  so here i am, tired and with red bites on my legs which may or may not be fleas, thinking about he sleep i'm not going to get tonight.  face it, i could have been in a better mood.  AND THEN SOMETHING HAPPENED TO MINIMIZE ALL THAT, well as much as they can be minimized.   nargis showed up at my door and told me MY REFRIGERATOR IS HERE!!!  Ok i bought a fan today in pyce and that helped because mosquitoes don't like fans, but now i can buy food and not have to worry about just buying enough.  and i have to say i'm really not a fan of warm beer or dt. coke.  YIPPEEEEEEEEEE!  now i can make eggs to go along with my potatoes and other veggies and have an omlet!  and i can have sirene anytime i want with  salad!  the little things.  i took some pic's of my new "friends." so you can share in my joy and my pain.  i had to laugh when nargis told me i would have to clean the fridge because, i'm so my mom's daughter, from the time they set it down in my apt my mind was wandering to how i would need to clean it.  here's a shout out to you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment