Tuesday, August 24, 2010

PICTURES FINALLY!

market day again
the view out my apt to the right.
you can see a "typical" house.

more market day. this is entering from the backside
this is the view straight out my balcony.
this is the center of G.
this is the same picture as the other
straight out my balc just not zoomed.
you can see the hostel.
this is nargis and i going na ghosti.
this is the view to the left from my
balcony.  the lower part of the picture
you can see the roof of the tavern i live
above. 
again na ghosti
cutting up tomatoes with nargis' daughter
for conserve.
this is the side view of the detsa gardina, kindergarten,
where i will spend some time in addition to
my other duties and work i will find.
conserve with all the tomatoes people
are very generous to give me but i can't
eat. this way i can eat them this winter. 
this is the hostel where the students
not from G who go the the
english school live during the week.
in the bottom left corner you can see
the entrance to the post office, the white
pillars. they are impressed by how much mail
i get! 
this has to be 1 of my fav. pictures!
this is to the right from my balc. and is the
mosque lit up at dusk signaling Muslims
they can eat, etc. during Ramadan.
 
this is the english school where i will
spend some of my time, speaking english
not bulgarian!


1.
















1. close-up of one of the stands at
market day  2. an overview of the
market day crowds.  the whole street is lined with stands selling fruits and veggies to shoes.

1 comment:

  1. great photos Lisa! Looks like you are having a great time and settling in!! Growing your hair out for good???

    ReplyDelete