Friday, August 6, 2010

the weekend

this weekend Nargis is going to her house in Kubrat and I'll be here.  i'm kinda excited!  not because i don't like being with her because i really do but b/c this is my chance to be here and do things on my own and stumble with my B, or not.  i go places by myself and speak but know she's only a phone call/txt away from helping me if i get stuck.  this weekend she won't be and it's on me.  i think people here are impressed i know a little B.  little do they know that the "little" is going to become "a lot" b/c i'm taking classes and am here to learn to speak in addition to work!   this am i also decided how I'm going to thank people.  maybe not thank them but, as my sister so appropriately put it, "pay it forward."  i'm gling to use the kitchen at school and make American desserts! ok, for all those sinics out there who know I don't cook just stop right now!  these 2 yrs are a chance to reinvent myself!  (i can already hear mike twisting that around) i figure what a better way to show american culture than with rice crispy treats or coconut bars!  now before you all, my peace corps army, take it upon yourselves to stock me up with goodies wait for awhile; i have a plan i'm working on!  anyway, i'm going now to stock my new fridge and maybe go ha ghosti.   have a great weekend and i'll leave you all with the info that i might not have fleas after all!  i need to investigate this further!  love to all!  i really feel you all with me; thanks for that!  pam, if you read this tell judy i have a stock of lifesavers coming to me!  i didn't know i would want them but turns out i do!  she got me PLENTY!  and here it's just me and i'm not passing them out to my usher buddies!

1 comment:

  1. "little do they know that the "little" is going to become "a lot" " and "these 2 yrs are a chance to reinvent myself"
    This new found confidence is fantastic lisa. I know this new attitude is going to make this entire experience even more enjoyable for you.
    and since I do believe everything is possible, I believe in your ability to make wonderful deserts too (and Cook)LOL...
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete